We're working with a sustainable forestry management company, that distributes African timber products worldwide.
They manage c480,000 hectares of natural forest, to produce responsibly sourced hardwood products while proactively maintaining tree cover, assessing where balance is lost, and adopting creative solutions to regain it.
Seeking to hire a dynamic, ambitious, and hardworking Tele-salesperson to further develop and expand the company’s global trading business.
The initial role will be to develop a global list of customer and supplier leads and to arrange follow-up meetings and calls for our senior trading and sales team.
The position will involve consistent written and verbal communication with our traders, maintaining and updating our comprehensive data-set and meeting pre-agreed KPIs while always promoting the company’s product quality and brand. A competitive incentive scheme with un-capped earning upside is available. Applications are sought from candidates who are consistently achieving top percentile performance within their current sales teams. They will provide a structured pathway for high performers towards a position within our market-leading trading and sales team.
- Develop and mature a list of potential customer and supplier leads through research and cold calling, identify their areas of interest, and need and make appointments for members of trading/sales team.
- Contact existing customers and suppliers to make appointments for members of trading/sales team and where required to determine current needs.
- Escalate immediate business opportunities to trading/sales team leadership.
- Maintain and update bespoke in-house (CRM) system with data gathered from calls.
- Adhere to global standards of compliance related to the import and export of timber.
- Assist in ensuring a high quality of input and follow-up on the trade documentation process.
- Protect and build Woodbois’ brand value through regular, pro-active customer and supplier communication and management.
KEY SKILLS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven tele-sales record (Cold calling preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft packages and tools
- Experience with CRM software
- Bachelor’s degree
- Additional languages beneficial, particularly French, Mandarin or Spanish preferred
- Excellent level of customer service
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- The opportunity for Hybrid working
- 40 hours p/week (Flexi time when required)
- Potential for travel to clients, trade shows and expos
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement
£30,000 - £40,000
£45,000 - £60,000
Split time between London office (Aldwych) and Andover office
Will need to go in 2/3x a week during probation to get up to speed with everything. Contribution to travel to the Andover office (if live in London)